PART 3...


Kalemegdan, as I would like to imagine it, may have been a believer of “Atithi Devo Bhava” or maybe it must’ve liked being generous towards its frequent visitors! As I had become one of them, I had the pleasure of enjoying one of its sweet surprise! Yes, I’m talking about that Serbian guy who had approached me with Namaste. He had a simple look and must have entered his forty’s. The streak of unusual surprises that I was experiencing since the beginning, hadn’t given up on me I guess! I greeted him back, and our further conversation went on in English. I came to know that he had guessed about my nationality looking at my attire and looks (in a positive way, nothing racist!). He happened to be someone who I can frankly say to be unique as, in today’s technology driven world, he was someone who had kept himself away from android and virtual media, and mostly was fond of newspaper reading and other printed media. He had read a lot about India and eventually had started to like the country. He was glad to meet someone from his favorite country and was curious to know more about the different cultures, people and languages. I mean who wouldn’t like such a diversified place right, I feel complete pride that we are so special for the world!


He had developed a strong desire to visit India and settle there and was ready with a rough action plan to make it possible. He further expressed his wish to learn Hindi and he insisted me to teach him! Although the situation wasn’t like I could teach him properly, so the least I could do was to enlighten him with some commonly used expressions in hindi and shared some links which he could refer for his learning. As this went by, coincidentally we were approached by a lady who greeted us “Namaste” to which he was quick to reply in excitement, which followed with “Kaise ho”!! I was happy that he took a good grip and had started trying to speak hindi. and also was having a not so smooth conversation with the lady! The vocabulary wasn’t perfect, but his commitment was worth watching!

                                                                      **  TO BE CONTINUED **

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend à Khandala

PART 1...